IO Networks, a product of HFCL Limited (formerly Himachal Futuristic Communications Limited) aims to enable people experience next generation Wi-Fi technology and network efficiency. HFCL Ltd, through IO Networks, hereinafter referred as ‘IO’, ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’, is committed to respect your privacy and choices. The statement (“Privacy Notice”) highlights our privacy practices regarding Personal Information that we collect and store about you through this website https://io.hfcl.com/ (“Site”) For us, privacy is an important concern, so, this Privacy Notice outlines the types of Personal Information we gather when you use IO Site and some of the steps we take to safeguard it. These safeguards shall apply to personally identifying information we ask for and that you provide. By this, we mean personally identifiable information that individually identifies as you. Browsing of our Site and other services do not require any personally identifying information. In certain sections of the Site, in order to provide you with products or services that may be of interest to you, you may be invited to provide Personal Information (defined hereinafter) that identifies you, which you may voluntarily submit to us. It is voluntary on the part of visitors of the Site not to enter any Personal Information.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your Personal Information and how we will treat them.
Personal Information collected and processed and how they are used
Personal Information that we collect and process
For the purposes of this Privacy Notice, ’Personal Information’ is any data that relates to an individual who may be identified from that data, or from a combination of a set of data, and other information which is in our possession through this Site. We process your Personal Information in a variety of contexts and we invite you to carefully read our Privacy Notices, which sets out how we process your Personal Information and explains your rights and our obligations.
While using our service, you provide via our Site, certain identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- Landline number
- Mobile number
- IP address
- Cookie(s) Id that may uniquely identify your browser
- Date and time of your query etc.
Use of your Personal Information
We use the Personal Information for the following, which is not limited to:
- To identify you once you register on our Site;
- To contact you and respond to your questions or requests;
- Provide the services that you request;
- Send you updates and messages that you request;
- To respond to your questions regarding investments with us;
- To process job application related requests;
- Marketing communications- to provide you with marketing communications where you have opted-in to receiving such communications (including information about our products and services, competitions and promotions). These can be shared via electronic means (e.g., emails and online advertising) and via post. All marketing emails will include a link to unsubscribe where you will be able to unsubscribe the marketing communications at any stage.
Legal Basis of the Processing and Information Sharing
We process your Personal Information to carry out our contractual obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you or your organization and us for any of our services.
We process your Personal Information when it is necessary for the purposes of a legitimate interest pursued by us or a third party (when these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights). In certain circumstances, third parties such as outsourced agencies/ external partners may have access to limited information necessary to contact you. At all times, we will ensure that our third parties put in place a similar level of data protection safeguards. This applies in the following circumstances:
- To identify you once you register on our Site;
- To contact you and respond to your questions or requests;
- To understand which parts of the Site are visited and how frequently;
- To protect our operations or those of our affiliates;
- To enforce our terms and conditions;
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety or that of our affiliates, you or others;
- To allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that may sustain;
- To provide access to desirable content based on your preferences.
We process your Personal Information when it is necessary, as we believe in complying with applicable law and legal process.
Consequences of not providing Personal Information
If you choose to withhold your Personal Information that is mandatory to process your request, it may not be possible for you to gain access to certain parts of the Site and we may not be able to provide you with corresponding service.
Date Recipients, Transfer, and Disclosure of Personal Information
Your information, including Personal Data, resides in India where the data protection laws may differ than those from other jurisdictions.
In you are located outside India and you choose to provide any information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to India and process it within the Indian jurisdiction. Your consent to this Privacy Notice followed by your submission of such information including Personal Data represents your consent to that transfer.
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data including Personal Data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice and no transfer of your Personal Data will take place to an organization or a country outside India unless there are adequate controls in place including security of your data and other Personal Information.
Third Party Website/Linked Website
We will not sell, share, or otherwise distribute your Personal Data to third parties except as provided in this Privacy Notice. We will only share your Personal Data with third parties, where we are legally permitted to do so. We do not provide information to third parties for their own marketing purposes. Where we transfer Personal Data to third parties, we will put in place appropriate contractual arrangements and seek to ensure that there are appropriate technical and organizational measures in place to protect Personal Data.
We may provide Personal Data to:
- Third parties involved in the performance of the services, we may also share Personal Data to third party organizations who assist us in providing services to our clients or are otherwise involved in the services we provide to clients
- Third parties who provide IT services, data processing or functionality- we use third party providers to support our business and the provision of services to our clients, such as cloud-based software providers, web hosting/ management providers, data analysis providers, and data back-up and security/storage providers. We may transfer Personal Data to such third parties
- We use third party service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our service. Google Analytics is a web analytics service provider to us.
- Third parties where required by applicable law and regulation- we may be requested or compelled to disclose Personal Data to third parties such as government regulators and law enforcement agencies. We will only provide Personal Data to such parties where there is legal requirement or permission to do so
These third-party sites may place their own cookies on your computer, collect data or solicit Personal Information. We have no control and assume no responsibility for the content as well as the privacy policies of practices of any third-party sites or services.
You have rights in relation to any of your Personal Data held by us as a data controller. Should you have any questions about our privacy notes or approach to data privacy, or wish to exercise your rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer, via email at email@example.com We will endeavor to respond to any request promptly and within the legally available time limit.
Where we process your Personal Data based on your consent, you have a right to withdraw consent at any time. You have the right to access, correct, delete or transfer your Personal Information that we hold, including your profile and preferences. You also have the right to object to certain processing of your Personal Information. These rights may be limited in some situations- for example, where we have a legal requirement to process your Personal Information.
Data and Information Security
We have appropriate security measures, policies, procedures and training in place in respect of data protection and confidentiality. We regularly review such measures with objective of ensuring their continuing effectiveness. The Privacy Notice was last updated on 21st Sept 2021.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store Personal Data.
All information gathered on https://io.hfcl.com are securely stored within the https://io.hfcl.com controlled database. The database is stored on servers secured behind a firewall; access to the servers is password-protected and is strictly limited. However, as effective as our security measure are, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the internet. And, of course, any information you include while posting in the discussion areas, becomes available to anyone with internet access. Due to the nature of the internet, we cannot guarantee the privacy standards of websites to which we link or be responsible for the content of sites other than this one.
However, the internet is an ever evolving medium. We may change our Privacy Notice from time to time to incorporate necessary future changes. Of course, our use of any information we gather will always be consistent with the policy under which the information was collected, regardless of what the new policy may be.
We will only keep Personal Data for as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, or as required by applicable law or regulation.
In case, there are any overriding legal, regulatory or contractual requirements, we will retain records of services provided (which may include Personal Data) in accordance with our retention policy.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions about our Privacy Notice, the data we hold on you, or you would like to exercise one of your data protection rights, please do not hesitate to contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Updates to This Privacy Statement
We may update our Privacy Notice from time to time. We will notify you of any changes by posting the new privacy notice on this page. Changes to this Privacy Notice are effective from when they are posted on this page. Earlier version of privacy notice may be kept as archival purpose for your view. This Privacy Notice shall be governed by the laws of India.